Since I am still cramming broccoli in to my face like someone will otherwise take it from me, I figured I should give you the recipe for this magic broccoli. It is so simple. And it is having the same effect on me that I imagine crack would. Except instead of destroying my body, it is only making me stronger! Muahaha!
By the way, I have eaten 8 head of broccoli in the past 24 hours. Yes, you read that right… 8.
- 2 Heads Broccoli, Separated into Florets (or, if you are me, then just make it 8 )
- 2 Teaspoons EVOO
- 1 Teaspoon Sea Salt
- 1/2 Teaspoon Ground Black Pepper
- 1 Clove Garlic, Minced
- 1/2 Teaspoon Lemon Juice
- Preheat the oven to 400 degrees F (200 degrees C).
- In a large bowl, toss broccoli florets with the extra virgin olive oil, sea salt, pepper and garlic. Spread the broccoli out in an even layer on a baking sheet.
- Bake in the preheated oven until florets are tender enough to pierce the stems with a fork, 15 to 20 minutes. Remove and transfer to a serving platter. Squeeze lemon juice liberally over the broccoli before serving for a refreshing, tangy finish.
Okay, honestly, I don’t follow the directions very well. That’s also why I’m not allowed to assemble furniture. Basically, I took all the same ingredients out as the recipe listed and just threw them liberally on the broccoli. I used both fresh garlic and dried garlic flakes (which taste like heaven, by the way). They turned out delicious my way, but I’m sure the recipe would work just fine too!
Just eat them all. I wont judge you. And don’t worry about your fiber stomachache, it just means you are doing something right.
You know what helps when you have eaten too much broccoli (not possible)?
But you will have to wait until tomorrow to hear about that.