Did you know that I really, really like chocolate? Of course you do, otherwise you would have a hard time finding my URL every day. Did you also know that I love cookies? Maybe you didn’t. If not, I’m here to tell you that cookies are one of the great wonders of the world. If there is anything in the world better than a perfect cookie, I have yet to discover it! My job in life is to bake cookies, and eat cookies. And not get fat. That is the hardest part. Obviously.
Chocolate Cinnamon Cookies
- 6 tablespoons butter or margarine, softened
- 2/3 cup packed light brown sugar
- 3 tablespoons plus 1/4 cup granulated sugar, divided
- 1 egg
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/4 cup light corn syrup
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1-1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1/3 cup cocoa powder
- 1/4 to 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- Heat oven to 350°F. Lightly spray cookie sheet with nonstick cooking spray or line with parchment paper.
- Beat butter until creamy. Add brown sugar and 3 tablespoons granulated sugar; beat until blended. Add egg, baking soda, corn syrup and vanilla; beat well.
- Stir together flour and cocoa; beat into butter mixture. If batter becomes too stiff, use wooden spoon to stir in remaining flour. Cover; refrigerate about 30 minutes, if necessary, until batter is firm enough to shape. Shape dough into 1-inch balls. Combine 1/4 cup granulated sugar and cinnamon; roll balls in mixture. Place balls 2-inches apart on prepared cookie sheet.
- Bake 9 to 10 minutes or until cookies are set and tops are cracked. Cool slightly; remove from cookie sheet to wire rack or slide parchment paper and cookies to wire rack. Cool completely; peel cookies from paper. 40 cookies.
Just do yourself a favor and eat them all. Think of it as post-Thanksgiving recovery.