Today I have a deeply personal question for you: Who is your favorite blogger? (This isn’t a trick question, and my feelings wont be hurt if you don’t say me!)
I ask because today I got to thinking about why my favorite blogger is my favorite. Perhaps it the incredible chocolate chip cookie recipe that I lifted off her today. Maybe it’s because those cookies tasted just as good in dough form as in baked form! But no, she is my favorite because she is the kind of person I want to be friends with. Much as I still love them and loyally read their blogs, I find that a lot of big time bloggers seem a bit intimidating. They seem like they are perfect both in their eating habits and general lifestyle. I think a crucial element of a good blogger is their ability to be personable and make you feel like they are someone you could be friends with. (I really try to come across that way. Not that I compare myself in any way to the big bloggers out there, but I like to think that I seem like an average person… which I am, except more awkward than the average person.) This is why Jenna of Eat, Live, Run is my favorite. I feel like she wouldn’t judge me at all for the fact that I ate about 2 cookies worth of cookie dough straight out of the bowl. Now, don’t get me wrong, I am feeling some major blogger love for lots of other ladies out there, but if I could sit down and stuff myself silly on chocolate chip cookies with any blogger, it would have to be Jenna.
- 2.5 cups all purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon sea salt
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2 cups packed dark brown sugar
- 2 eggs
- 2 sticks butter, softened
- 1 bag semi-sweet chocolate chips
- Whisk together the flour, baking soda and salt. Set aside.
- Cream together the butter and sugar. Add the eggs one at a time, beating after each one. Add the vanilla and mix gently to combine.
- Add the flour to the butter and mix. Carefully stir in the chocolate chips. Bake at 350 for about twelve minutes, or until golden.
Who is your favorite blogger and why?
What in an important element of a good blogger in your eyes?