This post title is not to be confused with the expression “I’m a Belieber”, the star statement on a shirt I purchased for my sister in San Francisco. *Celeste, please don’t kill me for posting this!*
Yesterday my ever wonderful and lovely Beavers fell to the pure evil that most know as the Ducks. We were looking so good at the beginning of the game and we even had the first touchdown. In the end, though, Oregon did what they do best, win stuff (While looking way less sexy than us. Seriously, how nice were the OSU uniforms!?).
Let it be said that we may not have the winning record, but we have all the spirit and all the soul. Plus, our town is way prettier. Go ahead and fight me on that one, Ducks. I will stand by that statement.
Okay, okay, I am being a little unfair. Congrats Ducks. You guys played really well and deserve your win. Not as much as us… but still 🙂
Okay, now I will tell you about food. I understand food much better than I understand football…
It’s no secret that I love cookies. I usually eat them every day. Yes, every day. I have recently realized, though, that if I am to eat cookies in such high quantities, I should probably try and make them at least somewhat healthy. And by healthy, I mean healthier. Cookies aren’t meant to be truly healthy, it is a crime against the cookie gods… and you don’t want to anger the cookie gods. Their power is great.
Low Fat, High Taste Sugar Cookies
- 2 ¾ Cup All-Purpose Flour
- 1 Teaspoon Baking Soda
- ½ Teaspoon Baking Powder
- 1 Cup Cinnamon Applesauce
- 1 Cup White Sugar
- ½ Cup Brown Sugar
- 1 Egg
- 1 Teaspoon Vanilla Extract
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees F (190 degrees C). In a small bowl, stir together flour, baking soda, and baking powder. Set aside.
- In a large bowl, cream together the applesauce and sugar until smooth. Beat in egg and vanilla. Gradually blend in the dry ingredients. Roll rounded teaspoonfuls of dough into balls, and place onto ungreased cookie sheets.
- Bake 8 to 10 minutes in the preheated oven, or until golden. Let stand on cookie sheet two minutes before removing to cool on wire racks.
P.S. Yesterday I signed up for the inaugural Corvallis Half Marathon! If you are interested in running it, shoot me an e-mail and we can set you up some lodging at the Casa de Camille, Corvallis’s fanciest hotel 🙂 No guarantees that a kitten wont bite your face at 6am, though. That is just one of our many amenities.