You think you are going to get a beautiful, insightful post about how everything in life is just peachy keen, don’t you? Well, that assumption would be quite wrong. This post is about dessert: the beautiful thing.
Have you tried dessert hummus yet? I hadn’t until last night.
I was sitting on the couch for hour number five, staring at my pile of unmemorized medical terms and watching my fifth episode of When Vacations Attack, on the Travel Channel when I decided that I should probably start stuffing food in my face. Please note that at this point I had eaten more than enough food for the day and I was gestating a beautiful, brown haired, green eyed food baby. But alas, no baby can grow without proper nourishment, so to the “Recipes” bookmark I went.
I found this recipe. I made this recipe. I ate half of this recipe. I ate it with another banana (number three… or maybe four of the day). I couldn’t breathe the rest of the night because I was so full. It was so worth it.
Hey Evan, there is no ring on my finger… just saying…
Borrowed from The Wannabe Chef
- 2 cups of chickpeas, drained and washed
- 1/4 cup almond butter
- 1/4 cup maple syrup
- 2 tablespoons brown sugar
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- cinnamon sugar for garnish
- Peel your chickpeas(recommended) and add them in a food processor with the almond butter, maple syrup, brown sugar, and cinnamon.
- Process for about 30 seconds to a minute, until all the ingredients have mixed and the dip is smooth.
- Move to a serving bowl and garnish with cinnamon sugar on top.
- Get a spoon out and proceed to eat the while thing.
Maybe on Wednesday those medical terms will seem more important, but right now I just want to eat hummus until it literally stops my heart. Actually, if my heart stops then I wont have to worry about those medical terms… Time to get my eat on!