As you may have noticed, the site looks a bit different today! I purchased custom CSS yesterday and with the help of my tech savvy and artsy fartsy boyfriend, we are gradually making tweaks here and there. You should see a new header up by the end of the week! Okay, onward…
Yesterday I was feeling like a nice person. Sometimes this happens and I feel the need to run with it, since I will generally be back to my whiny self within a few hours. Since everything I do is ultimately a selfish act (think Phoebe letting a bee sting her: see video at end of post), I decided to do something I enjoy and make cookies. So Sarah, don’t read too far in to my asking for your address yesterday. That is absolutely for stalking purposes and not for cookie sending purposes!
Fat Fluffy Snickerdoodles
makes 16-20 cookies
From How Sweet It Is
- 1/2 cup butter, at room temperature
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 egg
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 3/4 cups all-purpose flour
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 1/2 teaspoons cinnamon
- 2 tablespoons milk
- 1/4 cup sugar + 1 tablespoon cinnamon for dipping
- Preheat oven to 375.
- Cream butter and sugar with an electric mixer until smooth. Add egg and vanilla, mixing well until combine, about 2 minutes. Stir in flour, baking powder, salt, and 1 1/2 teaspoons cinnamon. Mix until dough comes together. Add in milk. If dough is still crumbly, add milk 1 tablespoon at a time until it comes together. Refrigerate for 30 minutes.
- In a bowl combine remaining sugar and cinnamon. Remove dough from fridge and roll into big 1 1/2 inch balls. Dip in cinnamon sugar mixture and place on baking sheet. Lightly press down on dough to flatten it. Bake at 375 for 10-12 minutes.