Isn’t the weekend glorious? Rather than trudging to school is my fancy sweats (similar to yoga pants), I can laze about at home and melt my brain with science in my sweats that are being held together by a few strings and allow my butt to hang out whenever I lean over. Yes, I am just as classy as you would imagine. But alas, this fine specimen of femininity can not live on chocolate ice cream and veggie burgers alone. Oh no, sometimes she must stuff vegetables with other things to give them the illusion of elegance. So raise your pinky to elegance and marvel at my attempts at fanciness:
Brown Rice Stuffed Peppers
- 1/4 Cup Short Grain Brown Rice
- 1/2 Cup Water
- 1/2 Tsp Butter
- 1/2 Tsp Salt
- 10 Mini Sweet Peppers
- 1 Tbs Jam
- Put rice, water, and butter in a pot and bring to a boil. Turn down heat to a simmer and cover with a tight-fitting lid. Allow to cook for 50 minutes.
- Remove the rice from the heat and allow it to sit, still covered, for 10 minutes before fluffing with a fork and adding the salt. Stir in the jam while your rice is still warm.
- Preheat your oven to 350°.
- Cut the tops off your peppers and stuff with the rice mixture. You may need to use a knife to push the rice to the bottom. Continue to stuff the pepper until they are completely full.
- Place peppers on a baking tray and bake for 10 minutes, turning once.