Sometimes it seems that everything happens the way it happens for a reason. Example, yesterday morning:
- I had been wanting to cook/bake so I can give you guys a new post.
- I had no money to cook/bake.
- My crappy old phone turned off at some point during the night.
- My alarm didn’t go off.
- I missed my first class.
- I decided to get my run done before my next class.
- I found $20 on the sidewalk.
- Now I can cook/bake for you!
Don’t you love when everything works out!?
I decided to opt for a breakfast post, as I haven’t done one of those in a very long time. This recipe is my twist on one that has been circling the blogging world for a while. As much fun as it would be to steal another recipe, honestly, they were all a bit much. I know that I can’t fit 600 calories in my belly at 7am, but 400 I can handle. Consider this your slimmed down version of a blogger favorite:
Carrot Cake Oatmeal
- 6 Baby Carrots, Shredded
- 1/3 Cup Oats
- 1 Tbs Maple Syrup
- 1/4 Cup Raisins
- 3/4 Cup Vanilla Soy Milk
- 1/4 Cup Water
- 1/2 Tsp Vanilla Extract
- 1/2 Tsp Cinnamon
- 1/4 Tsp Ginger
- 1/2 Tsp Nutmeg
- 1/4 Tsp Cloves
- Finely grate your carrots.
- In a medium pot over medium heat, add your Vanilla Soy Milk, water and spices. Stir well.
- Add your carrots and oats and lower the heat if it starts to boil. Cook for about 7 minutes, stirring often. When your oats are thick, stir in the vanilla extract and maple syrup.
- Remove from heat and enjoy!
I also want to start adding nutritional information to my posts. I am going to give it a trial run, so please let me know if you like or dislike it. For the oats:
What do you think of my posting the nutritional information?
What are you up to this weekend?