Happy 5:30am! I’m sorry, that was fake enthusiasm. Happy 5:30am. Better?
Unfortunately this crazy girl woke up at 5am today to get working on some homework. I devoted my entire weekend (literally about 16 hours) to getting a comm. project done and I didn’t manage to touch any of my other studying. So here we are at 5:30am ready to get to work. To ensure that you have a happy Monday, make this simple and insanely delicious recipe! So far it has made its way in to my oats, on to my bread, and on to a spoon headed straight for my mouth. It’s just that good!
Spiced Pumpkin Butter
- 1 (29 ounce) can pumpkin puree
- 3/4 cup apple juice
- 1.5 teaspoons ground ginger
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cloves
- 1 cup Brown Sugar
- 1 tablespoon ground cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- Combine pumpkin, apple juice, spices, and sugar in a large saucepan and stir well. Bring mixture to a boil.
- Reduce heat, and simmer for 30 minutes or until thickened. Cover with lid and stir frequently.
- Remove from heat. Adjust spices to taste.
- Once cool, pumpkin butter can be kept in an airtight container in the fridge.