Notice anything different? I would sure hope so! Thanks to my artsy boyfriend, we welcomed the arrival of a beautiful new banner yesterday (I am thinking we should name him Bruce… like Bruce Banner. Please let someone get that or I am all alone in my nerdiness!) I am going to take this moment to personally advertise Steve’s services. Ew, get your mind out of the gutter! His banner services! My studly boyfriend has a degree in arts and technology and we like paying our rent, so if you have a desire to pay him for his banner services, just shoot me an e-mail! If you want to pay him for any other services, let me burst your bubble and say that he isn’t available for hire. Sorry ladies.
I also did some format changing around the blog, some of it I like and some of it isn’t working for me. Expect to see a few more changes over the next week or so as I get everything just right. Please let me know if there is anything you would like to see, wouldn’t like to see, or that isn’t working for you! I want this new blog version to be everyone-friendly!
To welcome little Bruce Banner’s arrival into the blog world, I decided to bake him cookies. Of course, he is still on infant formula, so he can’t eat them, but maybe you can. So put away your mushy baby food and eat cookies instead!
Brown Sugar Cookies
Makes 25-30 Cookies
- 3/4 cups unsalted butter, softened
- 1 1/2 cup brown sugar, packed
- 1/2 cup granulated sugar
- 1 egg, room temperature
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees and grease cookie sheets.
- Cream butter and both sugars in the bowl of a stand mixer (or with a hand mixer). Add egg, vegetable oil an vanilla, and mix until incorporated.
- In another bowl, combine flour, baking powder and salt, and mix to combine. Add flour mixture to mixing bowl and mix until all ingredients just come together (dough will be a bit wet and crumbly).
- Roll cookie dough in to balls about the size of a ping-pong ball and place on cookie sheets about 2 1/2 inches to 3 inches apart. Bake for 12-15 minutes for chewy cookies, and 16 to 18 minutes for crunchy. Remove from oven, cool in pan for 5 minutes before placing on rack to cool completely. Store in airtight container.