I am officially sick. I will spare you the gory details, but let’s just say that my body officially hates me right now. In addition, I did (and by did I mean failed) a 7 mile run yesterday and now my knees hurt like no one’s business. Really, it is none of your business. Okay, it is your business a little bit. Let’s top off the sickness and knee pain with the fact that said sickness and knee pain lead to a night of 3 hours of sleep and you have a very unhappy Camille today. All in all, today can be summed up using a few numbers:
5 is the number of times I have told the animals I will literally murder them if they touch me.
4 is the number of hours I spent in the bathroom last night.
3 is the number of hours I slept… restlessly.
2 is how many classes I am skipping today.
1 is how many tests I have today that I haven’t studied for yet.
Aren’t you glad that I am still clever even whilst dying?
Oh, and did you know that the only cure for dying (aside from living) is to bake stuff. Seriously. A batch of cookies can save any day from ruin. Didn’t you know that cookies have healing powers? I would know, I am a medical science major.
Oatmeal Cream Pies With Cinnamon Buttercream
Borrowed from Eat, Live, Run
- 1 stick butter, softened
- 3/4 cup packed brown sugar
- 1 egg
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1 1/4 cup flour
- 1 1/2 cups old fashioned oats
- 1/2 tsp baking soda
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/s tsp cinnamon
- 1/2 stick butter, softened
- 1 1/2 cups powdered sugar
- 1/4 tsp cinnamon
- 1 tsp milk
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- Preheat oven to 375.
- Mix together the flour, oats, baking soda, salt and cinnamon in a large bowl. Set aside.
- Cream together the butter and brown sugar. Add the egg and mix until smooth, then add the vanilla. Add the dry ingredients and mix until just combined.
- Bake 1 tbsp-sized balls of dough (flattened lightly before baking) on a lined baking sheet for 8-10 minutes, or until lightly golden. Let cool while preparing the filling.
- For the filling, cream together the powdered sugar and butter until smooth. Add the cinnamon, vanilla extract and milk and whip on high speed for five minute until very light and fluffy.
- To prepare cream pies, pipe (using a pastry bag or plastic bag) small dollops of frosting on a cookie and sandwich another cookie on top. Cookies will stay fresh in a sealed tupperware container for three days but they are best eaten the same day they are baked.
I would like to give a big shout out to the wind for ruining all my photos!
Well, now that I have a frosting induced sugar coma, it is time to go lie on the couch and whimper whenever Steve’s attention strays from me. Nothing is more important than me today. That is just a fact.