Last week, my hunk of a boyfriend and I went to Costco. While there, Steve decided he wanted pretzels for his lunches. Fair enough. I wish I were kidding when I told you that we left Costco with 6 pounds of pretzels. 6 pounds. Don’t get me wrong, I love pretzels as much as the next person, but I just said 6 pounds. And just to remind you, we don’t have 15 pretzel hungry children. No, there are 2 of us living here.
So now, thanks to Steve’s need to buy anything delicious in bulk, we have a lifetime supply of pretzels. My goal? To get rid of these pretzels asap. Unless I want my ass to be as big as that bag of pretzels, they need to get their salty goodness out of my house!
One food combo I have always been a fan of is the salty/sweet combo. I don’t often crave salty things like I crave sweet things, but I just can’t get enough of the combination! Have you ever had a Hershey’s Kiss on a pretzel? Pure heaven. This recipe is king of like that… only way, way better!
Pretzel M&M Cookies
- 1 1/3 + 1 Tbs Flour
- 1/2 Tsp Baking Soda
- 1/2 Tsp Baking Powder
- 1/2 Cup Butter, Softened
- 3/4 Cup White Sugar
- 1/2 Egg (I used Egg Substitute)
- 1/2 Tsp Vanilla Extract
- 1 Cup Pretzels, Crushed
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees F.
- In a small bowl, stir together flour, baking soda, and baking powder. Set aside.
- In a large bowl, cream together the butter and sugar until smooth. Beat in egg and vanilla. Gradually blend in the dry ingredients.
- Stir in pretzels and M&Ms.
- Roll rounded teaspoonfuls of dough into balls, and place onto ungreased cookie sheets.
- Bake 8 to 10 minutes in the preheated oven, or until golden.
- Let stand on cookie sheet two minutes before removing to cool on wire racks.
Since the lighting in my photos was so dang ugly, I decided to do something different and mess with them a bit!
What do you think about the fun pictures? Should I do more of these or stick to the classics?