The past few days have been a flurry of weather activity here in Oregon. On Wednesday it started to snow which turned in to a couple inches overnight:
The sun came out on Thursday and it heated up to around 38°, prompting all the snow to melt. But not to fear, our crazy weather didn’t stop there! There isn’t much snow left on the ground, but it did manage to dip down to about 20° last night, causing school to delay opening for 2 hours due to poor road conditions (aka, people in Corvallis don’t know how to drive on ice, myself included).
It is supposed to drop down to 13° tonight, which I believe is the coldest weather we have seen so far this year. Luckily I don’t need to leave home tomorrow, but I am worried about Steve driving to work. It is my girlfriend duty to worry!
If, like me, you are staying indoors this weekend, make sure you have food on hand. Yes, this is a PSA for cold weather safety. I suggest making lots of sandwiches to hold you over. Oh, did I say sandwiches? I meant cookie sandwiches.
This small batch makes 5 cookie sandwiches
- 1 cups all purpose flour
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1/4 tsp baking soda
- 1/4 cup granulated sugar
- 1/4 cup powdered sugar
- 1/4 cup vegetable oil
- 1/4 tsp vanilla extract
- 1/2 egg, slightly beaten (I used an egg white substitute)
- Combine the sugars together and then add the vegetable oil, vanilla (or almond) extract, salt, eggs and baking soda. Whisk well to combine.
- Add the flour and stir. Roll out ping pong sized balls of dough on a lined baking sheet. Press each dough ball with a fork and sprinkle with sugar.
- Bake at 375 for eight minutes.
- 3 Squares Semisweet Chocolate Baking Squares
- Melt chocolate in the microwave, stirring often until completely melted.
- Spread chocolate on cookies and sprinkle with sprinkles.
- Add the other half of your cookie sandwich and enjoy!
Unfortunately that 2 hour delay didn’t rid me of all my classes so I do have to head to school today. I can look forward to a double workout and a stress free weekend of Keeping Up With the Kardashians and Toddlers in Tiaras. Priorities people. Luckily I got a delightful e-mail from Wells Fargo this morning:
Thank you, Daddy! I can finally buy my pony! I mean… I can eat for another week. Priorities…
Have you had any crazy weather this week?
What are you up to this weekend!?